Tuesday, November 27, 2012

This weekend I

"Happy" Monday! Thought I would sneak a quick post in before I go to bed (it is technically Tuesday right now, but since I haven't gone to bed yet, it is Monday to me)

I thought I would link up with Syndal again for her "This weekend I" party


 

This weekend was alright - I did some great Christmas shopping online on Black Friday (which has only recently become a "thing" here in Canada since our Thanksgiving was a month and a half ago.... I think our retailers are hella-smart for starting BF sales... keeps us shopping here!) - I spent less than $200 and I got 7 people finished, plus a few things for my kids. I'm even more impressed now that I did the math! :)

I won't show the items I got as gifts because I think certain people may read this, but I WILL share a shirt I scored for Max - I was originally browsing for my nephews and I saw this.. I LOVE navy and stripes! I couldn't resist, I had to add it to the cart! (and at $5, I couldn't NOT do it)


Saturday night I got to go out with my girlfriends :) It was the first time I went out without Max in tow since he was born (in January!) and before that I was pregnant, so going out wasn't as thrilling. It was so great! We didn't do anything wild, just went to Boston Pizza for some drinks and apps and catching up :) Two of these girls I have known since 9th grade, and the other since senior kindergarten! It really refreshed me so have some time for myself and to get some good laughs out! Steve however didn't have the best first night alone with Max, but he was developing a nasty cold we have discovered, so can't blame the little guy!

Somehow I managed to only get one shot that night, and it was a funny looking bathroom mirror pic haha, but oh well, love that girl! 

And then Sunday was just low key... caring for my sick little man
Only babies are this happy to be sick :) 

Hopefully he is starting to get better tomorrow - I am hoping to make the treck to London for some visits before I go back to work :)

How was your weekend?


2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! baby is adorable!! :)

    Glad you were able to get out with your girls-I love that you've known them for such a long time!

    So funny about black friday right?! I sort of hate, but like the online shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that striped shirt! I got that for my daughter last year and she wore it under a turquoise sweater in our family pictures! Stripes are unisex, right? lol.

    ReplyDelete