Friday, November 09, 2012

High 5 for Friday!

So I have taken some more inspiration from my fave blogs around the internet, and doing a 'High 5 for Friday' post! Basically you pick 5 of your favourite things from the week :) I found that once I decided to do this, I was more aware of what was awesome about my days, and it was hard to pick the best bits! :)

Linking up with From My Grey Desk today as this is the blog where I found the inspiration for this post (as well as her sister's The Small Things Blog - check them both out, they are funny)

Photobucket









































Okay so I'll break it down :)

1. I got to hang out with one of my best friends Jaclyn! (old photo of some great times!) - she is doing so amazing in her life and I couldn't be more proud of her :) You know those friends where you can go without talking for a long time, but when you get together you just pick up where you left off? That's Jac to me :)

2. This spinach and chicken casserole! I made it twice in a week! I found in on Pinterest, of course (pin). The first time I made it I pretty much followed the recipe exactly (except I prefer penne to rigatoni) and it was great! The second time I added 3 cloves of garlic and it made an amazing recipe even better! And what a great way to get spinach into my kids!

3. This guy! Hehe.. well more so the fact that I finally bought an umbrella stroller! We have a double, and it is great! But sometimes you just need something smaller... picked it up at Babies R Us - just a basic one.. sometimes you just don't need all of the bells and whistles!

4. I went shopping for myself! And for pants no less! I never buy myself pants because in order to get something flattering, I need to shop at the plus size stores, which is more often than not, way too expensive. So I usually have just frumpy Wal Mart pants on :/ BUT Penningtons has had this great sale on, ALL pants $35 each! That is close to getting 2 for the regular price of one! So we managed to find a spare $70 and I happily picked up a couple pairs! It is amazing the difference a great pair of pants can make! Feels so good :)

5. Coffee. We ran out of coffee about a week ago - I usually pick up Timmies when I take Steve to work, but on days when I can't, or if I just feel like having a random cup of coffee, it is nice to have it at home! You don't really realize how much you rely on something until it is gone! Haha, so this is why spot #5 goes to coffee :)

This was a fun post to make - I am going to try to do it every week! You should too :)


6 comments:

  1. number 2- yum!! and I would miss coffee too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that casserole is seriously so easy and DELISH :)

      Delete
  2. I love this link up too! So glad you got some girlfriend time. Those good friends are worth their weight in gold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is so true... and i am realizing it more now that i am a busy mom and i don't get the girlfriend time as much as i would like :)

      Delete
  3. i love that stroller! such a cute print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks i like it too! I thought it was something you don't normally see on a stroller, which is what appealed to me :)

      Delete