Friday, April 20, 2012

It's been a bit

I haven't blogged in a little bit. It has just been soooo hectic in this house trying to get everything ready for the move. If I even have some downtime, it is taken up by a needy baby, or, preferably, sleep.

Today has been a particularly trying day. The day started off great. Hannah was behaving and actually using the potty without being reminded. When she went for her nap I tried to get as much done as I could, but Max is going through a very needy phase, and not doing very good at napping for me. It's frustrating, but it is hard to complain when someone so cute wants to spend every minute with you.

My day took a turn for the worse when I walked past my stairs and I smelt an overwhelming scent of poop. At first I assumed one of our cats just dropped a fresh one, but when I realized the smell was coming from UPstairs, I was ready to run away. Hannah threw a shit party in her room (crude, I know, but it is the best way to describe it). How on EARTH is this something that is still happening?! She is practically 3! I couldn't even deal with it! I know she hates having poop in her pull up (who wouldn't) but why not call out for me? And to make matters worse, she got her hands on her detangling spray and poured it alll over her bed. I was beyond frustrated.

After I got her into a bath, cleaned the mess and tended to Max, I attempted a punishment. No TV for the rest of the day, and I made her sit on the couch with no toys for an hour as we occasionally talked about what she did in hopes of her understanding that it is unacceptable behaviour.

She was mad, but I never felt like my point was REALLY getting across. Then, once her couch time out was over, we went to get Steve from work and I had to deal with her running from me in the parking lot, over and over. The girl just does not listen to a word I say any more. I feel like I have tried everything to get her to work with me, but I am getting nowhere. I feel defeated. I am beginning to feel like I have absolutely no idea what I am doing when it comes to disciplining her.

I am considering taking the Positive Parenting Solutions online course. I have heard amazing reviews on it and it promises that I won't even remember the last time I had to raise my voice. Wouldn't that be nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment